Truro Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Truro's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
4 Acrylic courts and 4 tarmac courts (2 with floodlights). Toilets, a cafe and free parking are available on-site.
Dawn - Dusk
£6 per hour or £8 per hour with floodlights.
To book call Truro City Council on the phone number provided.
Singles Round 1 | Thursday 7 July to Wednesday 31 August 2016 (Mid-point: Wednesday 3 August 2016)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Josh Richards [W4] 10 includes two bonus points
- Nicholas Smith [W3, L3] 9 includes two bonus points
- Ben Smith [W3, L2] 8 includes two bonus points
- Beth Moorr [W2, L3] 7 includes two bonus points
- Andy Williams 8.2 [W2, L1] 6 includes two bonus points
- Len Collum [W1, L2] 5 includes two bonus points
- Jill Ainsworth [L4] 3 includes two bonus points
- "Cracking match - pretty close!" -- Andy
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Truro archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of matches for Truro.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)