Gladstone Park Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Gladstone Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
The park is at the end of Hamilton Road. Travel - Bus: Kendal Road, 226 Crest Road: 16,182
Nine outdoor macadam courts, not floodlit, in a beautiful setting.
1/04/15 – 31/08/15: 8am-9pm
1/09/15 – 30/09/15: 8am-7pm
1/10/15 – 25/10/15: 8am-6pm
26/10/15 – 31/01/16: 8am-4pm
01/02/16 – 28/02/16: 8am-5pm
01/03/16 – 31/03/16: 8am–6pm
Adults £6.50 per hour.
These courts were refurbished in November 2010.
Travel - Bus 6 / 52 / 302 Alight on the All Souls Avenue near the junction with Hardinge Road. Walk along Hardinge Road and take the first left into Chelmsford Square.
Two outdoor courts, not floodlit.
Six outdoor courts, not floodlit.
King Edward VII Park
Two outdoor courts, not floodlit.
Singles Round 27 | Thursday 1 September to Wednesday 26 October 2016 (Mid-point: Wednesday 28 September 2016)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Michael Aderogba 10 [W1] 2
- Sam Brennan 10.2 [W1] 2
- Alexandre Jues [W1] 2
- Cory Mcnally 10.1 [L2] 1
- Ali Akhoondan 10.1 [L1]
- Edward Keeling
- Zenon Rozwalka 8.1
- "Really enjoyable game on a nice summer evening. Thanks for the game" -- Sam
- "Great game, very exciting! Both of us had our chances." -- Alexandre
SINGLES | GROUP 2
- Ali Qassim 8.2 [W3] 8 includes two bonus points
- Chris Moore [W3] 8 includes two bonus points
- Maher Al Ahmadieh [W2, L1] 6 includes two bonus points
- Marcus Dean [L3] 2 includes two bonus points
- Elena Sueppel [L2] 1
- Saul Rivers [L2]
- Jakub Krupa
- "The scoreline doesn't reflect the length of the match or the many games that went to deuce!
" -- Ali
- "It was a very close great game and the weather was perfect" -- Maher
SINGLES | GROUP 3
- Pete Osman [W1] 2
- Darine Obeid [W1] 2
- Markus Busuttil [L2]
- Amanda Warwick
- Gal Dubitski
- James Hood
- Joanna Morrison
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Gladstone Park archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles and Doubles matches for Gladstone Park.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)