Friendly, competitive tennis on Dorchester's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllDorchester Singles - Round 10 | Thursday 12 October 2017 to Wednesday 6 December 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 8 November 2017)
Well done to all of you for combining your tennis and scheduling skills to make this another successful round, despite the challenging weather conditions encountered... and it's impressive that you managed to get 80% of all possible matches played. We're looking forward to more great tennis - and hopefully better weather - in the next round!
This was a well contested group with the majority of matches played and midway bonus points claimed for scheduling skills. Our group winner was Steven with 4 wins and 10 points, finishing 4 points clear of runner up John. Both players made successful returns to the league after a break, although their head to head went decisively in Steven's favour. There were tough conditions to contend with in several matches, so well done everyone for their perseverance!
- Steven White [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- John Samuelson 8.2 [W3, L1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Neil Scorey [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Steve Bright [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Mike Greenfield 10.2 [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentNeil Scorey bt Mike Greenfield (Nov 7) 6-2, 7-6
Congratulations to John for coming through his matches undefeated to top the group with 3 match wins and 8 points, although he had to work hard for his win against runner up Tim who took the second set to ensure it was a 3 set contest. It was great to see you all get quickly out of the starting blocks and claim the midway bonus points for match scheduling, and thanks for the commentaries too!
- John Clancy 10.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Tim Bond [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Cameron Spence 10.2 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Paul Holroyd [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- James Witcher withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJohn Clancy bt Tim Bond (Oct 28) 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Dorchester archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Dorchester.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)