THE READING TENNIS LEAGUE
Formerly known as the Prospect Park Tennis League. All standards of player welcome
This league based in Reading and includes the courts at Prospect Park where the league bagan! It is designed to offer an easy structure to play competitive matches at a time that suits you.
How to start playing
New members are welcome to join at any point, but you will need to wait until the start of the next round before you can begin playing. We hope to run four rounds a year of singles, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
- This is a mixed singles league
- It’s divided into groups of about 6 to 8 players of a similar standard. Everyone in their group plays everyone else on the courts in Prospect Park (see courts and booking page) unless another venue suits both parties
- Matches are the best of three tie break sets (allow 2 hours per match). There are discounts available on off-peak courts for league players - see courts and bookings
- It’s up to everyone to arrange their own matches. You get one point for every set you win.
- At the end of the round, the top one or two players go up to the next group, and the bottom one or two go down.
- You get a free can of balls and two bonus points if you complete three matches by the half way point.
- WINNERS of each group WIN £20 and one of our mighty fine certificates.
- Entry to a round costs just £12
What's not to like? Why not give it a go!
Ready to get playing? Just go to the Join Now page.
The email for reporting match scores, or if you have a question not answered on this site is firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the courts click the map