THE MEADOWS TENNIS LEAGUE
"Thanks for organizing this round. Everyone I have spoken to has really enjoyed it. Looking forward to next one already"
Before you get playing!
New members are welcome to join at any point, but you will need to wait till the start of the next round before you can start playing.
There are four rounds a year of singles, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
- This is a mixed singles league, (mixed doubles may also be offered at a future date depending on demand)
- It’s divided into groups of about 6 players of a similar standard
- Everyone in their group plays everyone else on the Meadows unless another venue suits both parties
- Matches are the best of three tie break sets (allow 2 hours per match)
- It’s up to everyone to arrange their own matches
- You get one point for every set you win.
- At the end of the round, the top one or two players go up to the next group, and the bottom one or two go down.
- You get a free can of balls and two bonus points if you complete three matches by the half way point.
- Everyone who wins their group wins a £20 cash prize and one of our mighty fine certificates.
What's not to like? Why not give it a go! Get in touch & join!
The email for reporting match scores, or if you have a question not answered on this site is firstname.lastname@example.org
New rounds begin four times a year. See calendar on left for the start date of the next round. The closing date is the Friday before a round starts.
Why not book your place and...
Location of the Meadows courts. Click map to go tothe map and courts page
Join the Meadows Tennis Club!
Meadows Tennis League players qualify for a £5 membership discount for the Meadows Tennis Club, making membership just £50 (£40 if you join by the end of April 2010)! It’s a great deal; not only will you get all the benefits of membership of the Meadows Club, but you get £2 off the cost of joining the next and every round of the Meadows Tennis League. See www.meadowstennis.co.uk for more information about the club and how to join.