GREENWICH TENNIS LEAGUE
"I have thoroughly enjoyed playing over at Greenwich and it has been good to get some match practise in"
This league is designed to offer an easy structure to play competitive matches at a time that suits you. The league is run in association with Will to Win, Greenwich Park and The Greenwich City Tennis Club
How to start playing
New members are welcome to join at any point, but you will need to wait until the start of the next round before you can begin playing. There are four rounds a year of singles, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
- This is a mixed singles league, (with mixed doubles also offered)
- It’s divided into groups of about 6 players of a similar standard. Everyone in their group plays everyone else on Greenwich Park or Blackheath courts unless another venue suits both parties
- Matches are the best of three tie break sets (allow 2 hours per match)
- It’s up to everyone to arrange their own matches. You get one point for every set you win.
- At the end of the round, the top one or two players go up to the next group, and the bottom oneor two go down.
- You get a free can of balls and two bonus points if you complete three matches by the half way point.
- Everyone who wins their group wins a £20 cash prize and one of our mighty fine certificates.
What's not to like? Why not give it a go!
Ready to get playing? Just go to the Join Now page.
The email for reporting match scores, or if you have a question not answered on this site is email@example.com
A new round will begin in spring, 2011 (see calendar on the left). If you would like to take part, simply...
Map showing location of the courts