Enfield Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield's great public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
Please note: Broomfield park rents the courts out to a netball team on an ad hoc basis. Please phone 0208 379 1000 to double check if courts are available. Otherwise you can take a chance!
Bush Hill Park
Conway Road Recreation
Please note this is a private club.
Craig Park Tennis Courts
Hazelwood Recreation Ground
North Enfield Recreation Ground
Oakwood Park Tennis
Ponders End Recreation Ground
Town Park Tennis Courts
Singles Round 25 | Thursday 13 August to Wednesday 7 October 2015 (Mid-point: Wednesday 9 September 2015)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Tose Page 8.1 [W4] 10 includes two bonus points
- Huan Nguyen 9.1 [W3, L2] 8 includes two bonus points
- Dominic Burchnall 9.1 [W3, L1] 6
- Dwayne Wint 9.2 [W1, L3] 4
- Marcin Pajek 8.2 [L1] 1
- Kim Lee 10.2 [L4]
- Amer Jahangir 7.2
- "A really enjoyable tennis match with Dwayne on a nice day. He unfortunately was suffering from a back injury in the third set, but fought hard till the end!" -- Dominic
- "Such a pleasure playing Dwayne, his personality made the night really enjoyable and fun. I was up 2-1 in the 1st, he played consistently to lead 4-2, placing balls right on the baseline.
Dwayne led all the way through the 2nd, his serves giving him cheap points as I wasn't able to conjure good returns, although a couple of serves I employed Federer's SABR tactic to apply some pressure which was quite successful, as it forced him to play lobs - a challenge when I'm 6ft 3 tall!
I fought hard at 2-5 down, held serve at 3-5 and kept focusing on each point. I managed to claw back to 4-5, motivating myself with a couple of C'mons!!!. Dwayne was still playing excellent shots, but now I hit much deeper shots and was more relaxed. I also read his shots well and my net coverage earned me the game to level at 5-5, although I was extremely fortunate to save MP as Dwayne's 'winner' hit the net. A quick service hold and it's 6-5. And at this point, the floodlights went out! What drama!
After a 20 min wait, I still had the momentum and served well enough to level at 6-6. A really close 2nd set, Dwayne thoroughly deserve to win it. I really look forward to playing him again soon." -- Kim
- "Nice to meet Kim. He has some nice natural spin on his serve. Refreshig to see someone who likes to come into the net too. " -- Tose
- "Close games between us as always. Such a friendly but competitive opponent in Dwayne. Looking forward to playing him again! " -- Huan
- "Very nice to play Huan again who has a really good attitude on court. He made it difficult by running everything down, but I was thankfully fairly consistent in the match." -- Tose
- "There was a bit of a wait as both Arnos and Broomfield parks' courts were unavailable, fortunately we were able to play at Waterfall Tennis Club (just a stone throw away from Arnos park). It was great playing with Huan, he had fantastic ball placement and great serves - there was not a lot I could do to challenge him. I'll shall try harder next time! Many thanks to Bob, WTC Tennis Captain for providing us with a tin of new balls." -- Kim
- "Wet and slippery throughout the match which lasted over two days. We both did not like the scoreline but it just reflects how well each of us adapted to the wet condition each day." -- Huan
- "A fun match and great to meet Dwayne who almost staged a comeback at the end. Luckily I managed to pick up my game just enough to get the second set." -- Tose
- "Really good workout on a really hot day. Evidently a close match and a number of good rallies with both of us running down a lot of balls. Dominic came back from 5-0 down in the second set to win 5 games in a row before I took the last 2. How we would have coped with another set, I don't know :) " -- Tose
SINGLES | GROUP 2
- Mick Obrien [W4, UF1] 11 includes two bonus points
- Robin Datta 8.2 [W3, L2] 8 includes two bonus points
- Dean Green [W2] 4
- Jonathan Jones 9.1 [L2, UF2] 3
- Martin Harding [L2, UF1] 1
- Sean Murphy 9.1 [L3, UF1] 1
- Tim Davis 8.1 [UF1]
- "Lots of distraction as we played in Enfield Town Park at the same time as the Country Fair - blaring announcers, dozens of dogs showing off in the show, crowds everywhere. Jonathan and I were level through the first set - 3-all; 4-all;5-all then then almost inevitable tie-break. Steady shotmaking and lots of running down backspun balls. We had to halt at one set all but looking forward to a decider." -- Sean
- "Good match but ran out of time" -- Mick
- "A pretty evenly matched game. Sensed we weren't far away from an epic encounter but maybe Jon's 'extra glass of wine' the night before tilted the balance in my favour!" -- Mick
- "Not great conditions - showers, poorly marked courts with lots of stray balls from other courts - probably contributed to the game not really finding any great rhythm. Still some good and very long rallies along the way though...." -- Mick
- "A very long and enjoyable match. It ebbed and flowed as Jonathan fought back after the first set to get to match point at 5 - 3 in the third set. I managed to get it back to a tiebreak which either of us could have won. Fortunately it went my way. Good fun and a very nice chap to play." -- Robin
- "Scoreline doesn't reflect the closeness of the game in any way. A gruelling encounter in very humid conditions but very enjoyable all the same. There can be few matches where so many shots have been played in just 18 games of tennis...!" -- Mick
SINGLES | GROUP 3
- Thomas Casey 10.2 [W5] 12 includes two bonus points
- Chris Ward 8.2 [W4, L1] 11
- Vasos Jacovou [W3, L2] 9 includes two bonus points
- Alicja Mulligan 9.1 [W1, L3, UF1] 6 includes two bonus points
- Andrew Lynch [W2, L1] 4
- Lucy Katsantonis 10 [W1, L3] 4 includes two bonus points
- Nanette Clarke 10.1 [W1, L5, UF1] 4
- Yuen Cole 10.2 [L2]
- "We started the first game of the second set. Alicya was serving at 15 -30 when the rain came. " -- Nanette
- "A friendly and energetic Saturday morning workout, appreciated by both players." -- Chris
- "The effects of Andrew's powerful, swinging serves, exacerbated by a gusty wind, caused me no end of trouble in the first set. I managed to get just enough of them back to claw my way back into the first set and then, with the aid of a helpful net cord, to inch ahead. In the second set, neither of us served with great distinction, but, amid a flurry of breaks,I was able to manage the comfortably held game that proved enough to get me home. Enjoyable match in the late September sun." -- Chris
- "We had a nice, hard hitting match in a beautiful sunshine! Very enjoyable." -- Alicja
- "An enjoyable, open game, much more closely fought than the score might suggest." -- Chris
- "Neither player wanter the third set after a long first set finished in a tiebreak and the second was far from straightforward. But a third set there was and I just managed to squeak past Vasos despite a serious lack of fitness on my part, and a couple of very long rallies toward the end of the set nearly did for us both! A gruelling but enjoyable start to the group." -- Andrew
- "Even closer than our previous match. Alicja put together an impressive run from 2-4 in the first to 4-1 in the second. I belatedly mustered effective resistance, which led to a very tense end to the second. It was only once I had squeezed through that that Alicia's late-night dinner party began to take its toll on her energy levels, while I was left to drag weary limbs home , victorious but with the DIY scheduled for the rest of the day looking increasingly unappealing." -- Chris
SINGLES | GROUP 4
- Simon Grant 9.2 [W3] 6
- Phillipe Coulter 9.2 [W2, L2] 4
- Andrew Rose 9.2 [W1, L2] 3
- Steven Getraer 10.1 [W1] 2 withdrawn
- Don Butler 10.2 [W1] 2
- Andrew Murray [L2] 1
- Martin Doherty 10.2 [L2]
- Joanne Byrne withdrawn
- "After winning the first set quite convincingly and being up 3-0 in the second set, Phillipe made a brilliant comeback and won 5 games in a row to make it 3-5. A nice game of tennis." -- Simon
- "Finally found the correct link I think ?" -- Phillipe
- "Good opening match of this round with Phillipe (who was suffering from a slight injury)... Some really good points and a closer second set than the first... " -- Steven
Looking for previous matches? Visit the archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles matches for the Enfield Parks Tennis League (previously known as the Broomfield & Bush Hill Parks Tennis League).
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)