Enfield Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield's great public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
Please note: Broomfield park rents the courts out to a netball team on an ad hoc basis. Please phone 0208 379 1000 to double check if courts are available. Otherwise you can take a chance!
Bush Hill Park
Conway Road Recreation
Please note this is a private club.
Craig Park Tennis Courts
Hazelwood Recreation Ground
North Enfield Recreation Ground
Oakwood Park Tennis
Ponders End Recreation Ground
Town Park Tennis Courts
Singles Round 25 | Thursday 13 August to Wednesday 7 October 2015 (Mid-point: Wednesday 9 September 2015)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Tose Page 8.1 [W1] 2
- Dominic Burchnall 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Kim Lee [L1]
- Amer Jahangir 7.2
- Dwayne Wint 9.2
- Huan Nguyen 9.2
- Marcin Pajek 8.2
- "Really good workout on a really hot day. Evidently a close match and a number of good rallies with both of us running down a lot of balls. Dominic came back from 5-0 down in the second set to win 5 games in a row before I took the last 2. How we would have coped with another set, I don't know :) " -- Tose
SINGLES | GROUP 2
- Mick Obrien [W2] 4
- Dean Green [W1] 2
- Martin Harding [L1]
- Robin Datta 9.1 [L2]
- Jonathan Jones 9.2
- Sean Murphy 9.1
- Tim Davis 8.1
- "Scoreline doesn't reflect the closeness of the game in any way. A gruelling encounter in very humid conditions but very enjoyable all the same. There can be few matches where so many shots have been played in just 18 games of tennis...!" -- Mick
SINGLES | GROUP 3
- Vasos Jacovou [W2, L1] 7 includes two bonus points
- Chris Ward 8.2 [W1] 2
- Andrew Lynch [W1] 2
- Lucy Katsantonis 10 [W1, L1] 2
- Alicja Mulligan 9.1 [L2] 2
- Nanette Clarke 10.1 [L1]
- Thomas Casey 10.2
- Yuen Cole 10.2
- "Neither player wanter the third set after a long first set finished in a tiebreak and the second was far from straightforward. But a third set there was and I just managed to squeak past Vasos despite a serious lack of fitness on my part, and a couple of very long rallies toward the end of the set nearly did for us both! A gruelling but enjoyable start to the group." -- Andrew
- "Even closer than our previous match. Alicja put together an impressive run from 2-4 in the first to 4-1 in the second. I belatedly mustered effective resistance, which led to a very tense end to the second. It was only once I had squeezed through that that Alicia's late-night dinner party began to take its toll on her energy levels, while I was left to drag weary limbs home , victorious but with the DIY scheduled for the rest of the day looking increasingly unappealing." -- Chris
SINGLES | GROUP 4
- Steven Getraer 10.1 [W1] 2
- Don Butler 10.2 [W1] 2
- Andrew Murray [L1] 1
- Phillipe Coulter 9.2 [L1]
- Andrew Rose 9.2
- Joanne Byrne
- Martin Doherty 10.2
- Simon Grant 9.2
- "Good opening match of this round with Phillipe (who was suffering from a slight injury)... Some really good points and a closer second set than the first... " -- Steven
Looking for previous matches? Visit the archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles matches for the Enfield Parks Tennis League (previously known as the Broomfield & Bush Hill Parks Tennis League).
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)