Enfield Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield's great public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
Please note: Broomfield park rents the courts out to a netball team on an ad hoc basis. Please phone 0208 379 1000 to double check if courts are available. Otherwise you can take a chance!
Bush Hill Park
Conway Road Recreation
Please note this is a private club.
Craig Park Tennis Courts
Hazelwood Recreation Ground
North Enfield Recreation Ground
Oakwood Park Tennis
Ponders End Recreation Ground
Town Park Tennis Courts
Singles Round 27 | Thursday 11 February to Wednesday 6 April 2016 (Mid-point: Wednesday 9 March 2016)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Dom Piec
- Ivan Pondev 10.2
- Amer Jahangir 7.2
- Hai Hoang Duc
- Sam Oestreicher 8.2
- Ed Oladeji
- Prakash Patel
- Tose Page 8.1
SINGLES | GROUP 2
- Felix Roca 8.2
- Uche Onyema
- Thomas Casey 10.1
- Robin Datta 8.2
- Marcin Pajek 8.2
- Sean Brownson
- Joe Chacholiades 10.2
- Sean Murphy 9.1
SINGLES | GROUP 3
- Robert Enefer 9.2
- Chris Ward 8.2
- Jonathan Jones 9.1
- Vasos Jacovou 10.2
- George Zenonos 10.1
- Simon Grant 9.1
- Kevin Lynch 8.2
- Tim Davis 8.1
SINGLES | GROUP 4
- Ryan Entwistle [W1] 2
- Alicja Mulligan 9.1 [L1]
- Andrew Rose 9.2
- Don Butler 10.2
- Henrietta Burton
- Kamran Bashir 10.2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles matches for the Enfield Parks Tennis League (previously known as the Broomfield & Bush Hill Parks Tennis League).
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)