Enfield Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Enfield's great public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
Please note: Broomfield park rents the courts out to a netball team on an ad hoc basis. Please phone 0208 379 1000 to double check if courts are available. Otherwise you can take a chance!
Bush Hill Park
Conway Road Recreation
Please note this is a private club.
Craig Park Tennis Courts
Hazelwood Recreation Ground
North Enfield Recreation Ground
Oakwood Park Tennis
Ponders End Recreation Ground
Town Park Tennis Courts
Singles Round 26 | Thursday 29 October to Wednesday 6 January 2016 (Mid-point: Wednesday 2 December 2015)
SINGLES | GROUP 1
- Ivan Pondev 10.2 [W2] 4
- Marcin Pajek 8.2 [L1]
- Sam Oestreicher 8.2 [L1]
- Amer Jahangir 7.2
- Anthony Kyriacou 10.1
- Huan Nguyen 9.1
- Uche Onyema
SINGLES | GROUP 2
- Dom Piec [W2, L1] 6 includes two bonus points
- Tim Davis 8.1 [W1] 2
- Thomas Casey 10.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Kim Lee 10.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Ben Kaye 9.1 [W1] 2
- Chris Ward 8.2 [L3] 2 includes two bonus points
- Andy Bocchi 9.2
- "Both of us were determined to play with no let up from persistent rain throughout. At least we had all the courts to ourselves if not the whole park. Tom whipped up some good shots and I found the best tactic is to keep him from the net where he comes into his own if allowed to advance there. " -- Tim
- "The momentum ebbed and flowed throughout the match. At the start of the first set, Chris ran away with a 3-0 lead before I found my rhythm. Unfortunately the floodlights went out at 3-3 in the second, interrupting our match. After resuming, I broke Chris to lead 4-3 only to be hand back the break to level 4-4 (I believe this was a love game!). Luckily I broke again and served out the match" -- Kim
- "Good match. A bit foggy and damp so the balls were heavy.
Plenty of rallies, a lot of variety. Mast games went to deuce so very close one." -- Dom
SINGLES | GROUP 3
- Sean Murphy 9.1 [W3, UF1] 8 includes two bonus points
- Felix Roca 8.2 [W2, L1] 6 includes two bonus points
- Robert Enefer 9.2 [L1] 1
- Simon Grant 9.1 [L1, UF1] 1
- Pantelis Hapeshis [L2]
- Jonathan Jones 9.1
- "A beautiful sunny Sunday morning, but a slippery green surface at Oakwood made conditions rather dangerous. The sun was also low and intense from one side, making shots a bit of a lottery. Eventually Simon twisted a knee and we halted the match. Up to then - slogging away with occasional glimpses of quality from both sides." -- Sean
- "Pantelis and I took advantage of a crisp, cool but sunny winters day. The wind proved tricky while schoolchildren invaded the games areas noisily around us. We had a really enjoyable game, played in a friendly spirit. Pantelis proved a competitive but slightly rusty player and the score did not really reflect some excellent rallies and fine shots." -- Sean
- "Bob and Sean resumed their rivalry on a wild and blustery night. It was nip and tuck for two sets - first Bob and then Sean gaining the upper hand but it seemed only fair that the match entered a third set. Sean raced 4-0 ahead but wily Bob mastered the conditions and attacked relentlessly to bring the scores back to four all. Somehow Sean found the extra gear and a great (and very sporting) match came to an end." -- Sean
- "An eerie mist hung over Arnos Grove as if Halloween ghouls from the previous night were slow to depart. Autumn leaves were brushed away with left-over broomsticks. Felix took the first three games before Sean hit his stride. As often before in our matches, lengthy rallies and steady play mean that games and sets are slow to complete. Far too many serves were broken but we played in good spirits for over two and a half hours before our match was finally laid to rest. " -- Sean
SINGLES | GROUP 4
- George Zenonos 10.1 [W1] 2
- Alicja Mulligan 9.1 [L1]
- Alex Papas 10.2 withdrawn
- Andrew Rose 9.2
- Jesse Smith 10.2
- Kamran Bashir 10.1 withdrawn
Looking for previous matches? Visit the archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles matches for the Enfield Parks Tennis League (previously known as the Broomfield & Bush Hill Parks Tennis League).
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)